Roger Fields’ Kidmin Nation Mega-con Breakout Notes
You could have gone anywhere at Kidmin Nation Mega-con today but you chose my breakout session! I feel so blessed and really glad I got to meet you. The most incredible leaders and thinkers in kidmin are here with us, so I’m sure you are as excited as I am. This event, Kidmin Nation Mega-con, does more and helps more ministries than anything I have seen in my 22 years with Blitz Ministries.
The Blitz team will be hanging out at our exhibit and would like to meet you. And even if you don’t want to meet us, you could still win a TP Bazooka just for coming by. So there’s that.
And don’t forget!! Thursday morning, to kick off Kidmin Nation Mega-con, Day of Awesome, Kidz Blitz will be LIVE on stage for all the AWESOMENESS!
But now, here are your notes for “How To Keep Kids on the Edge of Their Seats.”
How To Keep Kids on the Edge of Their Seats
By Roger Fields, Prez of Blitz Ministries
What you teach means nothing.
What kids learn means everything.
Remember the Scott Street Parade.
- You are not there to give a lecture but to create a learning experience.
- You are not putting on a show. You are engaging kids.
- Turn spectators into participants.
- Adam named the animals.
- Israelites marched around Jericho to bring the walls down
- David used a slingshot to kill Goliath
- Peter walked on water
- Jesus instructed disciples to distribute bread and fish to the multitude
- Jesus told the lame man to take up his mat and move out
BOOM! 2000 years later and most Christians are bored spectators
- sit up straight
- pay attention
- get bored
DON’T DO THIS…
- teach lessons
DO THIS INSTEAD…
Turn the whole room into a stage
- Act out Bible events
Say it out loud
- Report back
5 Ideas you can use this week!
- Good Samaritan parable acted out messy style
- Horn and Bell review game
- Rubber Band Face game
- T-Shirt Memory Scramble
- 3 Bowls Review Game