by Roger Fields
Winners take imperfect action while
losers are still perfecting the plan. –Gina Graves
Creativity is not so much something you have, or don’t have, but something you learn to unleash. It is not captured, but released.
The bad news is that there is no safe way to formulate a creative idea. The good news is that anyone can do it. There is a secret ingredient. Anyone can use it.
I want Kidz Blitz Live and FX Live event info…[contact-form-7 id=”8788″ title=”Article form”]
What is this secret ingredient you ask? Well, hold your horses for a moment. Let me tell you something about this ingredient before I actually tell you what it is.
- It is easy to understand.
- It is the engine that moves an idea from birth to implementation.
- It is the catalyst for more creativity.
- More than any other element it separates those who do something remarkable and those who settle into the mundane.
What is it? Action. Action, not thinking, breeds creativity. You can think and rethink all day long. Your melon will not produce remarkable ideas unless you start to do something. Action produces ideas. Take action and ideas will come. Do stuff and ideas will take care of themselves. Creativity is like riding a bicycle. You have to start peddling even if/when you fall down. Motion creates. Thinking and rethinking vegetates.
We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always
generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action. –Frank Tibolt
There’s a war between people who are trying to do something and the
people who are trying to keep them from doing something wrong. –Tom Peters
Here are some simple ways to move forward.
- Ask God to reveal what is in you that keeps you from taking action.
- Ask God for remarkable ideas.
- Try something/anything new once a week.
- Read something you don’t normally read (camping magazine, Drudge Report, etc.)
- Remind yourself that failure is no big deal. Fear of trying something just because it is new is a big deal.
- Then do SOMETHING.
Start doing stuff (RELENTLESSLY) and you will be amazed at how creative you will become.
You see that his faith and his actions were working together,
and his faith was made complete by what he did. (James 2:22 NIV)