It ain’t easy being the Vacation Bible School Director. Here are 17 things you might relate to…
1. Strangers walk up to you and hand you boxes of cookies.
2. You think VBS stands for Very Busy Summer.
3. More kids attend your church in June than live in your state.
4. Summer doesn’t start for you until VBS is over.
5. You blew your VBS budget and all you got were 47 starter kits.
6. You tasted Elmers Glue accidentally.
7. You tasted Elmers Glue on purpose.
8. You belong to an Elmer’s Glue Abusers support group.
9. You can build pretty much anything with a few popsicle sticks.
10. You bought a unique VBS program only to discover six other churches on your street advertising the same program.
11. The Sunday School Superintendent at your church is stalking your volunteers.
12. You have glitter in your teeth.
13. You fall asleep at night listening to the sweet sounds of your preschool rhythm band.
14. People in your church appear to feel sorry for you.
15. The worship leader still glares at you over spilling a little bit of Kool Aid on the keys of the grand piano.
16. You notice the maintenance director coincidently takes his vacation each year during VBS.
17. You’re willing to lay down your life to see a few kids come to the Lord.