[ZAN-ee-ak] noun, plural zaniaks
- A zany action/challenge that looks like a game but without the competitive edge. A zaniak focuses more on the game action, not the outcome of the game.
- A Kidz Blitz zany action/game/challenge used in Kidz Blitz Live and FX Live.
LUCY (Safety Director); LOUIE (Data Analyst); FRANC (Experimental Engineer)
PURPOSE OF ZANIAKS
- To get kids involved by turning them from spectators into participants.
- To provide a cool action game that feels like a game without the stigma normally associated with losing. For instance, most kids do not feel defeated by not being a world-class flipper jumper.
- To do something zany that looks fun even if you are not the one playing it.
- To help a kid just be a kid.
- To learn teamwork. Some zaniaks require kids to play/work together.
- To learn how to win and lose in an environment that emphasizes the activity itself and minimizes the outcome.
EXAMPLES (just to name a few)…
- Flipper Jump
- Hovering Marshmallow Attack
- Hula Balloon
- Cube Stuff
- TP Blast
- Cotton Ball Nose
- Flying Donut Chew
- and a bunch more!
as seen across America in
are you a Zaniak Maniac? (take the test)
- Do you like have a lot of high-octane, heart-pounding fun? Y/N
- Are you tired of traditional games involving running or throwing a ball? Y/N
- Are you competitive but not crazy-in-the-head competitive? Y/N
If you answered YES to all of these then you are a bonafide Zaniak Maniac!