Roger talks about the Gospel presentation in Blitz events.
How We Present the Gospel Clarification in Blitz Live events
This is how we present the Gospel clarification during Kidz Blitz Live and Fam Blitz Live events. But before I describe it, please understand that we are under your authority as the host church. The host church has the option of conducting the Gospel clarification portion of the event yourself. When we do the gospel clarification, we offer a simple explanation of what Jesus has done for us and an invitation to pray a prayer of faith. We believe it is vital to offer a simple step for people to place their faith in Jesus, however, the method is flexible. The director will discuss this with you prior to the event. Let him know what specific directions you have for him regarding the gospel clarification.
What We Don’t Do During the Gospel Clarification
- Usurp the authority of the church
- Use emotion to implore new believers
- Prolong the invitation for more responses
- Use the term “getting saved”
- It’s not about what we do for God. It’s about what God did for us through Jesus.
- What Jesus did for us is bigger than anything we have done wrong.
- Father God loves us so much He sent Jesus to this earth to die for me. Jesus died on a cross. Shed His blood and was buried. Three days later Jesus came out of that tomb alive.
- Today Jesus is alive. He is the King. He is the Lord. He is the Savior.
- What Jesus did for me is big enough, strong enough, powerful enough to crush, smash, flatten and wipe away any sin.
- Jesus is my best friend. He will never leave me.
Words we say during the gospel presentation: This is not about playing a game on stage or joining a church. Now is about putting your faith in what Jesus did for you. If you want to be a part of this prayer to put your faith in Jesus, raise your hand when I count to three.
Confession of Faith
I believe that Jesus is the Son of God who came to this earth to die for me. I believe Jesus died on a cross, shed His blood for my sins. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and today He is alive. From this day on He is my Lord and my Savior. My faith is in Him.
- For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,not a result of works, so that no one may boast. (Ephesians 2:8,9 ESV)
- He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, (Titus 3:5 ESV)
- In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, (Ephesians 1:7 ESV)
- Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. (John 5:24 ESV)
- I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. (1 John 5:13 ESV)
- because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9 ESV)
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 ESV)