6 Pitfalls Every New Children’s Pastor Should Avoid
Be careful, new children’s pastor, where you step. There are potholes and pitfalls out there. Here are some.
- Don’t make any changes too fast. That will make the people around you insecure. Build relationships first.
- Don’t make high-impact decisions without listening to the input of others who will be affected by your decisions. They will resent your leadership style if you make decisions in a vacuum.
- Don’t make changes without clearly communicating the reasons for the changes. It makes you appear arbitrary, as though you like throwing your authority around.
- Don’t do everything yourself. That sends a message you don’t need anyone else.
- Don’t speak poorly of any staff member. It makes you look bitter. Keep your criticisms to yourself.
- Don’t try to prove yourself by telling what you did in the past. It makes you look insecure and nobody cares anyway.